CANN (Community Airport Newcomers Network) provide Airport Reception Service for all new immigrants landed at YVR (Vancouver International Airport). We open from 8am-8pm daily (hours extended as required), except statutory holidays.
Our Airport Reception Service will cover following information:
- Welcome to Canada reception
- Orientation to landing procedures
- Information and orientation on settlement in Canada, such as how to obtain SIN (Social Insurance Number), how to apply medical insurance, how to improve your preferred official language, how to register your child for education in your host community, how to locate nearest settlement services to assist with employment, accreditation, business, housing and more
- Quick linking of newcomers to local settlement and integration resources for help with daily life
- Additional assistance based on need for government-assisted and privately-sponsored refugees.
Please visit www.cannyvr.ca for detailed information.