Family Life Education
Family Life Education aims at equipping individuals and families with the proper knowledge, skills and attitudes so that they can successfully go through various developmental stages and life transitions. The service is provided in the form of seminars, groups and mass media programs.
Our group facilitators hold degrees in clinical/counselling psychology, social work or related discipline, and many are registered members of various professional associations. We support our staff with ongoing development, training and education in order to keep their knowledge up-to-date.
We practice high standards of professional conduct and maintain strict confidentiality for all clients except under the following circumstances:
(1) under a court order;
(2) incidence of child abuse, or
(3) danger to self or others.
Scope of Service:
Groups and Workshops – to enhance personal growth and family life/relationships
- Parenting (including Parents Support Group, Parenting Educational Courses, Parenting Workshops…)
- Communication Courses
- Stress Management Courses
- Marital Workshops
- Family Relationship Workshops
- Individual Development Workshops
- Cross Cultural Training
Nobody’s Perfect Group
- A six-session-program for parents of children from birth to age five, the group aims at helping parents understand and deal with their own parenting concerns, such as health, safety, mental development and behaviour problems of children. In both Cantonese and Mandarin and is FREE OF CHARGE
Teens-Parents Support Group
- Meeting bi-weekly, this is a mutual support group for parents with children over 12 years of age. Parents come together to share their challenges of parenting in Canada and to identify effective parenting strategies. The group is conducted in Cantonese.
- Service Location: Vancouver PenderTalks and workshops covering a wide range of areas including sex education, understanding social and psychological development of children and youth, rekindling of couple relationship, intimacy, effective parenting, etc. are conducted on a regular basis both in S.U.C.C.E.S.S. offices and external sites.
Individuals or families can be self referred or referred by other agencies or ministries.
For enquiry and referrals,
please call 604-408-7266.
There is a nominal fee for non-funded groups and workshops
This program is partially sponsored by the Ministry of Children and Family Development and
Ministry of Attorney General