Our Counselling Services assist families and individuals cope with stress caused by emotional and relationship issues through counselling, treatment groups, and help lines. We are committed to provide services to our clients that are confidential, non-discriminatory, respectful and culturally sensitive.
- Individual and Family Counselling
- Problem Gambling Program
- Relationship Violence Prevention Program – Cultural Education
- Chinese Help Lines
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Family Services promotes and strengthens the family through family life education programs and counselling programs.
Provides individual counselling, coupless counselling and family counselling
Multicultural Early Childhood Development / Multicultural Family Resource Centre
Provides services for families with children under 6 years old in the Tri-City area
Family Life Education
– Groups and workshops to facilitate personal growth and family life / relationships
– Nobody’s Perfect Group: a six session program to help parents understand and deal with their parenting concerns in health, safety, mental development and behavioural problems of their children
– Teens-Parents Support Group: mutual support group meets bi-weekly for parents with children over 12 years of age to share the challenges of parenting and to identify effective parenting strategies
Family Life Education Quarterly Pamphlet – 4th Quarter, 2019
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Youth Services promotes the personal growth and career development of young people through a wide variety of programs ranging from the volunteer buddy program, youth volunteer group, youth counselling, to leadership training, employment and entrepreneurial development.
Youth services are delivered by different departments in S.U.C.C.E.S.S.
- Youth Counselling: Our professionally trained counsellors provide counselling services to youth with emotional and social difficulties. Most of our counsellors have graduate degrees in clinical / counselling psychology or a related discipline. They are also registered with various professional /counselling-serviceassociations.
- Youth Outreach Program: helps youth and families acquire knowledge, skills and positive attitudes in their growth and development through group work, leadership training, and community participation. Programs include: Pair Up and Learn (PAL), Outreach Group Program in Schools, and Leadership Training.
- Youth Leadership Program: organizes several innovative leadership training programs: Youth Leadership Millennium Program (includes the Duke of Edinburgh Award Program), Youth Development Program and 116th East Vancouver Scout Group).
- Youth Volunteer Group Program: promotes the formation and development of youth groups and facilitates their voluntary services in the community.
- Youth Employment Program: helps young people overcome barriers to employment by providing them with the skills, experience and ability they need to make a successful transition into the workplace.
- A chance to choose – At the end of 16 weeks youth between the ages of 15 – 30 will gain group based employability skills and work experience. They will also have a resume, employment portfolio; certificates for First Aid, Food Safe, Communications. While in A chance to choose youth will receive a training allowance of $12.65 per hour for 30 hours per week. For more information call 604-474-3140 or 604-438-7222.
- Youth Employment Connect (YEC) – Skills Development Training and Employment Assistance Services for Youth ages 15-29. Training providing the skills necessary to increase employability and be successful in the labour market. For more details call 604-468-6007.
- Discover Your Potential Program (DYPP) at Surrey delivers employability skills training to youth (priority to refugees) between 15 to 30 years of age through classroom and work experience, over a 16-week period. Selected participants would also get WEEKLY ALLOWANCE during the program.
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Children’s Services promote and support the healthy development of children. We believe that all children have the right to safety and stability in their home environment and personal development.
- Counselling Service for children and families: Our professionally trained counsellors provide counseling service to children with emotional and social development issues. Most of our counsellors have graduate degrees in clinical / counseling psychology or a related discipline. They are also registered with various professional associations.
- Multicultural Early Childhood Development (MECD) : Provides services for families with children under 6 years old in the Tri-City area
- Multicultural Family Resource Centre: Provides drop-in services for families with children under 6 years old in the Tri-City area
- After School Support (Elementary): Assist new immigrant students in adapting to a new school system, and helps them resolve difficulties in academic and social areas