SELF EMPLOYMENT TRAINING PROGRAM FOR YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Self-Employment Training (SET) Program for Young Entrepreneurs is an initiative funded by the Government of Canada through the Canada-BC Workforce Development Agreement to empower eligible young adults between 18 and 24 in their process for self-employment / business startup in Metro Vancouver. Youth are screened into the Self-Employment Training (SET) Program based on their ability to meet the eligibility criteria and the viability of their business.
As one of the leading social service providers and with years of experience in entrepreneurial skills training in British Columbia, S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Self-Employment Training (SET) strives to support highly motivated young adults with interest and aptitude for business to obtain the skills and training required to be successful in self-employment / entrepreneurship.
Self-Employment Training (SET) takes advantage of experienced business coaches and emphasizes on a need-based approach in the programming. The program flexibility and on-going participant intake ensure that participants focus their time and energy on activities that support them to achieve their career goals.
SET services are free of charge for eligible young adults in Metro Vancouver, BC area.
- Orientation and information dissemination provide resources and tools for youth looking for business startup in BC.
- One-on-one assessment session to help identify challenges and solutions for establishing business in BC.
- Skills training session topics include personal branding, business pitch, business model canvas, essential business startup procedure, digital marketing.
- Mentorship program that match you with an industry professional for support.
- Personalized one to one self-employment coaching.
- Small Business networking event to connect SET entrepreneurs with industry professionals.
- SET Business shadowing will create opportunity to gain industry knowledge.
- Certificate upon completion of 80% of essential self-employment trainings.
- Young adult age 18-24 years
- Canadian citizen / Permanent resident or protect person
- Unemployed / Underemployed (working 20 hours or less)
- Not actively participating in or receiving financial supports from another provincially or federally funded labour market program
- Not a full-time student
To register please call, email or visit our website:
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Youth Business Support
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. provides business support services at S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Youth Business Service Centre in downtown Vancouver. It is a program aimed at assisting eligible prospective youth entrepreneurs to establish new businesses in BC, Canada.
From one-on-one consultation sessions and seminars to business courses, all our services are catered to meet your business needs.
Special Business Training Programs Effective Marketing Strategies
Marketing strategies is essential and it is especially true in the competitive business world. What separates your business from the next? How to you maintain a mainstream customer to make the sale? Presented by Philip Ho, a marketing specialist provides you with specific guidelines on the most effective marketing strategies/tactics. It reflects contemporary business practices, coupled with insights on how to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of marketing performance.
Business Training: Import & Export in Canada
This training course offers you intensive training on the aspects of international trade and which will supply you with knowledge on starting an import and export business in Canada.
Key Considerations for Business Start-up
The workshop is designed for new entrepreneurs to develop and enhance business skills in order to succeed in the competitive BC business market. The topics are widely covered in some important aspects when starting a business. e.g. Introduction of B.C. business environment, key aptitudes and characters for a successful entrepreneur, evaluating business ideas, preparing business plan, finding start-up financing and etc.
Newcomer Startup Program
About the program
Entrepreneurship Connections® helps newcomers who plan to start a business in Canada. If you have owned or operated a business outside Canada, or would like to launch one here, this innovative and informative program will assist you with setting up a successful small business in the Canadian market.
Since 2018 Entrepreneurship Connections® partnering with S.U.C.C.E.S.S. to help newcomer immigrants in Vancouver for starting a business. In 2019 Vancouver cohort is scheduled from February 26 – March 15, 2019.
- Support to develop your business plan
- Receive techniques to pitch your business to different target groups
- Strengthen your understanding of Canadian business with workshops on: marketing, market research, sales, cash flow, taxation and human resources
- Learn about financing options and government resources for small business
- Learn about the legal aspects of starting your business in Canada
- Work with established entrepreneurs and business professionals as mentors
- Participate in ACCES award winning Speed Mentoring® event
Eligibility to join this program
Permanent Residents, Protected Persons or Live-in Caregivers and English proficiency CLB 5.
To join the program, attendance at an information session is required
Information Session Locations for 2019 Cohort
January 29th, 2019 – 6pm-8pm
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Richmond Office at Storeys
8111 Granville Ave, Level 1, Atrium Richmond, BC
Registration online for Richmond location info session: http://bit.ly/EC-Jan29-Richmond
January 30th, 2019 – 10am-12pm
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Head Office
28 W Pender St., Level 1, Choi Hall, Vancouver, BC
Registration online for Vancouver location info session: http://bit.ly/EC-Jan30-Vancouver
For more information and registration contact:
Ehtesham Azad, Program Coordinator
Email: [email protected]
Tel: (604) 408-7274 ext. 1081