Education and Training
We provide a range of general and career-related training programs aimed at enhancing the employability and career development of participants. The programs are targeted at people with English as a second language. In addition to the technical and professional training, many of these programs also aim to upgrade participants’ workplace communication skills and English proficiency.
- To develop career related training programs for job seekers to enhance their employability skills to meet labour market demands.
- To develop needed community education courses for the general public.
(A) In general, employment related training programs are registered with the Private Career Training Institutions Agency of British Columbia (PCTIA). S.U.C.C.E.S.S. is
certified as an educational institution by the Human Resources and Skills Development Canada. Tuition fees may be eligible to tax deduction, subject to the approval of Canada Revenue Agency: www.cra-arc.gc.ca.
- Information Technology Training Program
- Computerized Accounting Training Program
- Laboratory Analytical Technology Training Program
- Computer Skills for Office Training Program
(B) There are other self-interest and general short programs which are no registered with PCTIA.
- English Tutorials
- Computer Troubleshooting Course
- Exploring Web Design & Image Manipulation
Programs are delivered at
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Social Service Centre, Dr Dorothy Lam Building
28 West Pender Street, Vancouver, V6B 1R6
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Fraser Service Centre
5834 Fraser Street, Vancouver, V5W 2Z5
- Vancouver, Pender
- Vancouver, Fraser
- Offsite training venues:
JR Laboratories Inc. (Laboratory Analytical Technology Training Program )
12-3871 North Fraser Way, Burnaby
5836 Fraser Street, Vancouver (English Tutorials)