Diversity and Inclusion
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. recognizes and believes that the values of diversity and inclusion promote the safety, health and well-being of all members of our communities, and support our vision of a world of multicultural harmony. We recognize and acknowledge our communities’ shared histories of injustice and discrimination, and uphold that it is our joint responsibility to actively work toward achieving healthy and inclusive communities and environments.
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. values the diverse identities, experiences and perspectives of all people including their heritage, culture, language, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, LGBTQ2SI identity, ability, physical and mental health, religion, education, socio-economic background, family, and immigration status.
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. is committed to building inclusive and safe environments in our services, workplaces and communities.
As part of S.U.C.C.E.S.S.’s commitment to fostering diversity and inclusiveness in its services, workplaces and communities, S.U.C.C.E.S.S. will:
- Develop services, practices and service environments that are accessible, supportive, respectful and safe for all members of our communities, including clients, staff, volunteers, members, visitors and community partners.
- Engage with and support the work of our community partners and other stakeholders toward ensuring all members of our communities have equal access to and the ability to participate in all aspects of Canadian society.
- Strengthen our work environments to ensure they are accommodating and inclusive for staff and volunteers, and are free of discrimination.
- Review and improve our organizational practices and services on an ongoing basis to ensure we continue to foster diversity and inclusion in our work and environments.
- Engage with and listen to how communities define themselves and their needs.
- Recognize and advocate for diversity and inclusion as essential for achieving community well-being and a respectful society.
- Strive to partner with other agencies and organizations that are also supportive of and committed to diversity and inclusion.
To foster this commitment, S.U.C.C.E.S.S. maintains and supports the Diversity & Inclusion Committee, comprising of staff from various divisions of the organization who provide leadership for and promote diversity, equity, inclusion and respect for human rights within the organization.