Manager, Resident Care (Job Code: MRC20-01)
About the SUCCESS Multi-Level Care Society:
To care for the seniors like our own by providing a continuum of excellent, culturally appropriate services for them. In 1995, the S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Multi-Level Care Society was incorporated with the purpose of establishing linguistically and culturally appropriate care for those seniors in our community. It has now developed into a provider of quality residential care and health services.
The Manager of Resident Care, reporting to the Director of Care (DOC), is responsible for providing clinical support to the care staff and organizing education opportunities for staff at various levels. Assists the DOC in the implementation and co-ordination of high quality resident care. Supports the organization’s vision and mission, and works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team. Carries out performance reviews and other related duties as directed by the DOC
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises the provision of direct resident care. Promotes the Person & Family Centred Care philosophy by upholding the values of dignity and respect, information sharing, partnership and participation and collaboration.
- Monitors standards of care through the ongoing monitoring and follow up of the work of care staff. Acts as a resource person to other RNs, LPNs and RCAs for resident care using a problem solving approach that reflects evidence-based practice. Provides direct care as required.
- In collaboration with the interdisciplinary team develops, communicates, implements and evaluates resident care plans.
- Coordinates and participates in care conferences, medication reviews, staff meetings, family meetings and unit reports.
- Supervises and provides work direction to nursing staff. Coordinates daily routines and assignments. Provides feedback on staff performance prepares performance appraisals and conducts performance reviews for assigned staff.
- Involves in the hiring/termination, and performance management of staff.
- Responds to client feedback and communicate concerns to Director of Care. Ensures effective and efficient information flow.
- Maintains health records such as resident care assessment records, resident care plans and medication administration records. Prepares reports and collects statistical and quality improvement data and quality indicators.
- Provides support to the Director of Care with administrative functions such as budget planning and ensures the appropriate use of resources within the allocated budget. Identifies unit requirements and monitors use of products. Provides input regarding the identification and prioritization of future needs.
- Assists in the orientation of new staff and facilitates student experiences by conferring with instructors about student assignments, assisting and advising students.
- Arranges educational in-services and participates in teaching /educating of staff through lecture and demonstration.
- Supports advanced clinical practice by identifying research needs, and facilitating and participating in research.
- Assists in ensuring the delivery of quality programs by participating in the review/revision of policies and procedures, recommending changes, and obtaining staff input. Provides input to quality improvement activities and projects through participation on committees and projects and by evaluating work processes to ensure customer-driven care.
- Reports unsafe and hazardous conditions and resident abuse to the Director of Care and completes incident reports as required.
- Communicates and liaises with the public, residents, and other health care team members.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- A Bachelor Degree in nursing
- Current practicing membership with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- A minimum of three (3) years of recent clinical experience in long-term care home or acute care environment
- A minimum of two (2) years of leadership experience in leading a team of professional health care employees to deliver quality services
- Strong planning & organizational, problem solving & decision making s and time management skills
- Strong communication, both verbally and in writing, and inter-personal skills. Ability to speak and write Chinese an asset
- Extended Health Care
- Dental Plan
- Municipal Pension Plan
- Long Term Disability Insurance Plan
- Group Life Insurance
Email applications must include “MRC20-01” in the subject line and submit Resume to: [email protected]
Thank you for your interest in joining the SUCCESS Multi-Level Care team. No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.