Music Therapist (Job Code: MT20-01)
|Status:||Contract Part Time|
About the SUCCESS Multi-Level Care Society
To care for the seniors like our own by providing a continuum of excellent, culturally appropriate services for them. In 1995, the S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Multi-Level Care Society was incorporated with the purpose of establishing linguistically and culturally appropriate care for those seniors in our community. It has now developed into a provider of quality residential care and health services.
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Multi-Level Care Society is hiring a contract Music Therapist for work within a long term care facility in Vancouver. Reporting to the Director of Care, in accordance with established standards of professional practice, vision and values of the Society, the Music Therapist develops, implements, co-ordinates and evaluates music therapy programs to promote and maintain the social, physical, spiritual and emotional wellness for assigned client/residents based on their needs. Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings and approved research, provides formal and informal consultations to other staff. Collaborates with the Manager regarding operational issues as related to the provision of music therapy. Ensures/promote resident safety.
- Bachelor Degree of Music Therapy
- Eligible for full, accredited membership in the Canadian Association for Music Therapy
- Two (2) years of recent, related experience
- Strong planning & organizational skills
- Strong communication, both verbally and in writing, and inter-personal skills. Ability to speak and write Chinese an asset
- Be comfortable in working independently and collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team
- Be empathetic with an effective ability to build rapport with residents
- Physical ability to perform the job.
Email applications must include “MT20-01” in the subject line and submit Resume to: [email protected]
Thank you for your interest in joining the SUCCESS Multi-Level Care team. No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.