Human Resources Advisor
Job Number: 11868
|Title:||Human Resources Advisor|
|Nature:||Part-Time (21 hours/week) – 6 months contract|
|Number of Positions:||1|
About the Position:
The HR Advisor is responsible for providing human resources advising to internal client groups on employee relations matters, conduct thorough workplace investigations and makes recommendations upon conclusion of investigation findings. The HR Advisor also develops and facilitates training roundtables for Managers on HR topics including performance management, conflict resolution, and HR policies.
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides managers with employee relations support, guidance and counsel in all areas of people management including, coaching & performance management.
- Provides training/coaching to managers to ensure an engaged and productive workforce including talent management and performance management; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; providing HR analytics reports and recommends best practices.
- Reviews and initiates actions to resolve employee concerns and escalates as appropriate.
- Facilitates timely resolution of all employee relations issues and workplace conflict, including conducting workplace investigations.
- Assists the managers to ensure that preliminary documentation is completed and all requirements met before hiring, and on termination.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for various positions as indicated.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures. Updates the HR manual accordingly.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Manages all correspondences and information related to employee relations and personnel information in a confidential manner.
- In collaboration with the managers, ensures all regulatory training is conducted on annual basis (i.e. office health & safety, bullying in the workplace, preventing harassment and discrimination in the workplace, privacy, etc.).
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of generalist experience in Human Resources including employee relations and performance management experience.
- Post-Secondary education specializing in Human Resource Management or suitable combination of education and experience.
- CPHR designation an asset.
- Previous experience working with non-profit organizations an asset.
Job Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge in provincial and federal employment laws, regulations and related legislations
- Strong communication, writing, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Professional written and oral business communication skills in English
- Effective and efficient in decision-making, conflict resolution and risk management
- Strong managerial/supervisory skills
- Strong advisory and coaching abilities
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to support change management
- Computer proficiency in MS Office applications and HRIS/HRMS systems
- Clear Criminal Record Check
How to Apply:
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. embraces diversity and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
Interested candidates please apply using “Human Resources Advisor” in the e-mail subject line and submitting applications to: [email protected]
This position is open until filled. Resume and cover letter should not be longer than 3 pages. While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.