Occupational Therapist (Job Code: OT20-01)
|Status:||Contract Part Time|
About the SUCCESS Multi-Level Care Society
To care for the seniors like our own by providing a continuum of excellent, culturally appropriate services for them. In 1995, the S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Multi-Level Care Society was incorporated with the purpose of establishing linguistically and culturally appropriate care for those seniors in our community. It has now developed into a provider of quality residential care and health services.
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Multi-Level Care Society is hiring a contract Occupational Therapist for our long term care facility in Vancouver. Reporting to the Director of Care, in accordance with established standards of professional practice, vision and values of the Society, the Occupational Therapist assesses and provides treatments to promote the physical and cognitive capabilities for assigned residents based on their needs. Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings and approved research, provides formal and informal consultations to other staff. Collaborates with the Manager regarding operational issues as related to the provision of occupational therapy. Ensures/promote resident safety.
- Bachelor Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Current full registration with College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBA)
- Eligible for membership with the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT)
- Two (2) years of recent, related experience
- Strong planning & organizational skills
- Strong communication, both verbally and in writing, and inter-personal skills. Ability to speak and write Chinese an asset
- Be comfortable in working independently and collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team
- Be empathetic with an effective ability to build rapport with residents
- Physical ability to perform the job.
Email applications must include “OT20-01” in the subject line and submit Resume to: [email protected]
Thank you for your interest in joining the SUCCESS Multi-Level Care team. No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.