Job Number: 11752
Title: Events Coordinator
Division: S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Foundation
Number of Positions: 1 (35 hours per week)
Salary: $21.50 per hour
Location: Vancouver, BC
About S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Foundation:
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Foundation was incorporated in 2001 and is a charitable foundation responsible for raising funds for S.U.C.C.E.S.S. and its affiliated organizations to support their mandates for the betterment of the community. The S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Foundation organizes fundraising activities and initiatives that provide financial support to S.U.C.C.E.S.S. and S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Multi-Level Care Society for the value adding programs that are currently unfunded or partially funded.
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. is a multicultural, multi-service agency, assisting people in the areas of settlement, employment, seniors care and housing as well as business, economic, community and social development. With over 30 service locations, a budget of $46 million and 500+ staff, S.U.C.C.E.S.S. is one of British Columbia’s largest non-profit social service providers. Through advocacy, S.U.C.C.E.S.S. is also recognized as a prominent voice for positive social changes.
About the Position:
The successful candidate will assist with the planning and execution of S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Foundation’s four annual signature events, Bridge to SUCCESS gala, Walk with the Dragon, Charity concert and Golf tournament, while managing volunteers and supporting the team with additional donor cultivation and stewardship events if required.
Reports to: Senior Manager
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and support the planning, production, implementation, evaluation and reporting of the Foundation’s four signature events
- Engage and liaise with event committees and build strong and positive relationships with committee members to ensure the delivery of high quality events that generate favourable brand reputation and maximum revenue
- Collaborate with the Individual and Leadership Giving Officer to develop and implement special donor cultivation and stewardship events
- Support core organizational administration as it relates to events such as the development of marketing collaterals, script writing and social media updates
- Manage all activities during events, including, but not limited to, staging, volunteer management, audio-visual production, silent and live auctions, etc.
- Strong relationship management skills and proven team building skills; a mentor of people and a motivator through leadership by example
- Able to interface successfully with individuals at all levels in business, stakeholder groups, government and the general public. Collaborative and a proven networker
- Exercises a high level of diplomacy and discretion in both internal and external interactions
- Demonstrates an effective and positive management style of people and issues. Possesses the exceptional interpersonal skills necessary to establish and sustain relationships and rapport
- Able to work under pressure and perform productively in deadline situations
- A motivator and strategic thinker
- Ethical and has personal pride in creating a positive work environment
- Compassionate and caring. Recognizes the achievement of others; builds on the success of the team
- Respected for his/her integrity and professionalism
Qualifications and Experience:
- University or college degree or diploma in related field including fundraising, event planning and/or marketing
- 2 – 3 years of previous event management experience
- Fluent in English
- Ability to write in Chinese and speak in Cantonese and Mandarin is required
Job Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding of event financial management and ability to develop and adhere to event budgets
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment, maintains a positive frame of mind and sets an example of professionalism for other employees
- Detail oriented and accurate in execution, with ability to work well under pressure
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or other database is an asset
- Required to occasionally work evenings and weekends
- Holds a valid BC Driver’s license
- Clear criminal record check required
How to Apply:
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. embraces diversity and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
Interested candidates please apply by using the following in the e-mail subject line “Events Coordinator” and submitting applications to: [email protected]
Resume including cover letter should be no more than 3 pages total. While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.