Job Number: 11751
Title: Fundraising Coordinator
Nature: Full-Time (35 hours per week)
Number of Positions: 1
About S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Foundation:
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Foundation was incorporated in 2001 and is a charitable foundation responsible for raising funds for S.U.C.C.E.S.S. and its affiliated organizations to support their mandates for the betterment of the community. The S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Foundation organizes fundraising activities and initiatives that provide financial support to S.U.C.C.E.S.S. and S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Multi-Level Care Society for the value adding programs that are currently unfunded or partially funded.
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. is a multicultural, multi-service agency, assisting people in the areas of settlement, employment, seniors care and housing as well as business, economic, community and social development. With over 20 service locations, a budget of $40 million and 450+ staff, S.U.C.C.E.S.S. is one of British Columbia’s largest non-profit social service providers. S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Multi-Level Care (MLC) Society was incorporated in 1995 to deliver continuum of care to seniors. Through advocacy, S.U.C.C.E.S.S. is also recognized as a prominent voice for positive social changes.
About the Position:
The Fundraising Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are to provide fundraising support to the Events team for the effective and efficient planning and execution of Foundation signature events – The Bridge to SUCCESS Gala, Walk with the Dragon and Charity Golf tournament. The Fundraising Coordinator manages a portfolio of corporate donors and sponsors associated with Foundation’s signature events, and develop fundraising strategies associated to each. Additional responsibilities related to this role include developing and stewarding relationships with sponsors, soliciting and tracking in-kind donations, preparing sponsorship materials, donation processing, and thank you process. Key responsibilities related to signature fundraising events include managing event volunteers, tracking guest RSVPs and managing guest communication, liaising with event committees, proactively maintaining accurate information in databases, and tracking and reconciling lists and information.
Reports to: Foundation Senior Manager
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with corporate partners to seek support in areas such as sponsorship, employee fundraising, giving through corporate foundations.
- Play a key role in cultivation and stewardship of sponsors and corporate partners.
- Proactively outreach to and follow up with prospective corporate partners and sponsors.
- Assist in planning corporate/foundation visits and other targeted contacts with donors, sponsors and prospects. Coordinate logistics including scheduling site visits and other meetings, as assigned.
- Provide ongoing stewardship for corporate funders, such as update on programs of interest and implementation of appropriate recognition opportunities
- Provide support to events team regarding planning and execution of signature events
Education, Training and Experience:
- University degree in marketing, communications, fundraising or equivalent education in a related field required
- A minimum of two-year experience working in a non-profit
- Fluent in English. Ability to write in Chinese and speak in Cantonese and Mandarin would be a strongly desired asset
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative, when required
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills and proven ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to function efficiently in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Good interpersonal skills and collaborative working style
- Proven ability to exercise tact, discretion, and good judgment in dealing with various stakeholders and confidential and sensitive matters
- Strong verbal and written skills and abilities
- Strong data analysis skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Computer skills: proficient in the standard suite of Microsoft Office products. Experience with Raiser’s Edge and/or Auction Tracker or other donor database management systems is an asset. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite an asset
Additional Information Requirements:
- Ability and willingness to work outside normal work hours, when required
- Required to work weekends/evenings when necessary
- Required to travel to other service or event locations
- BC Driver’s license is required
- Clear Criminal Record Check Required
How to Apply:
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. embraces diversity and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
Interested candidates please apply by using the following in the e-mail subject line “Fundraiser Coordinator” and submitting applications to: [email protected]
Resume including cover letter should be no more than 3 pages total. While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.