Assisted Living Attendant (ALA19-02)
Job Number: 11675
Title: Assisted Living Attendant (ALA19-02)
|Collective Agreement:||Community Subsector|
|Salary:||$21.48 / hour|
About the SUCCESS Multi-Level Care Society:
To care for the seniors like our own by providing a continuum of excellent, culturally appropriate services for them. In 1995, the S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Multi-Level Care Society was incorporated with the purpose of establishing linguistically and culturally appropriate care for those seniors in our community. It has now developed into a provider of quality residential care and health services.
Assists residents with mental, developmental, and/or physical disabilities to live successfully in the community by providing a variety of day-to-day physical, emotional, and social supports, life skills assistance, information, resources, and demonstrations. Assists residents with personal care, medication management, activity programs and activities of daily living such as preparation and delivery of meals and beverages, feeding, lifts and transfers, grooming, and toileting. Performs cleaning duties and personal laundry as required. Supports the Program’s philosophy, vision and mission, goals and objectives. Promote resident and work safety.
- Grade 10
- Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Attendant Program or Home Support Worker Program and must be registered with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker Registry
- Certificates in CPR, First Aid and Medication Management Program
- Recent, related experience of one year or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Ability to communicate in Chinese (Cantonese/Mandarin) is an asset
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in residents
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with residents
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Email applications must include “ALA19-02 Assisted Living Attendant” in the subject line and submit Resume to: [email protected]
Thank you for your interest in joining the SUCCESS Multi-Level Care team. No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.