Outreach Services Manager
Job Number: 11664
Title: Outreach Services Manager
Program/Department: Surrey, ISIP
Number of Positions: 1 (35 hours per week)
Duration: ASAP to March 31, 2020 (extension subject to funding confirmation)
Salary: $30 to $32.78/hour (depending on qualifications and experience)
Location: Surrey-Delta Region
About the Position:
The Outreach Services Manager provides support to the Surrey Immigration Settlement and Integration Program (ISIP) to respond to emerging service needs in the region. They provide support to IRCC funded services by strengthening and developing service partnerships and active referrals to ‘mainstream’ services to ensure eligible immigrants and refugees can access community supports. The Outreach Services Manager oversees the financial monitoring of IRCC contribution agreements and provides direct services / service assistance to clients along with developing service materials.
Reports to: Regional Manager
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that staff are providing direct service in the service streams of Needs Assessments & Referrals, Information & Orientation (in both one-on-one and group settings online and in person), and Community Connections with service assistance to support clients who are accessing in person and online services.
- Supports the development and content creation of settlement service materials that are used in the delivery of services in the streams of Needs Assessments & Referrals, Information & Orientation, Community Connections, and Language Services in Surrey.
- Develops service partnerships to ensure effective inclusion and referral to mainstream and community services in Surrey.
- Collaborates with Regional Manager and ISIP staff to review and implement services while ensuring all service activities are responsive to emerging demographics and profiles of newcomers in local communities in Surrey that supports clients to achieve positive settlement outcomes.
- Anticipates service needs and develops service plans across the region to effectively respond to client flow within and between service sites, and across and between service streams in the Surrey region.
- Monitors client, community, and settlement trends and other factors that impact service delivery and shares this information and related service recommendations to ISIP staff to ensure effective service delivery to address emerging needs in the Surrey region.
- Monitors financial expenditures to ensure utilization of budget amounts, identifying areas of concern, then developing and recommending solutions to the Regional Manager.
- Assists in the development of reports and claims to IRCC for all contribution agreements.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Regional Manager
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Social or Human Sciences or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory and management experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience delivering and coordinating settlement services
- Experience with developing and delivering settlement service delivery to newcomers
- Financial management, program and community development experience
- Extensive knowledge of community services and settlement-related issues
- Extensive experience working with immigrants of diverse backgrounds
Job Skills and Abilities:
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing). Ability to speak another language is an asset
- Strong understanding of settlement and other social services programming for immigrants
- Demonstrates strong leadership abilities and sound judgment
- Ability to work collaboratively and across disciplines for a common goal
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with a diverse range of people including individuals from varying cultural communities
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong organizational and program management skills
- Demonstrated active listening skills
- Able to travel among regions in lower mainland
- Able to work at different services locations, when necessary
- Able to work evenings and weekends
- Clear criminal record check required
How to Apply:
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. embraces diversity and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
Interested candidates please apply by emailing your application using the following e-mail subject line “Outreach Services Manager” and submitting applications to: [email protected]
Resume and cover letter should not be longer than 3 pages. While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.