Job Number: 11662
Title: Finance Assistant
Nature: Full-Time (35 hours per week)
Number of Positions: 1
Salary: $17.48 to $24.92 per hour ($31,814 to $45,352 per year)
About the Position:
The Finance Assistant will prepare, examine and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to financial reporting and procedural standards.
Reports to: Finance Manager
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting activities including reconciliations of bank and credit card accounts, coordination and completion of annual audits, and reviewing financial reports/support as necessary.
- Process accounts payable and accounts receivable duties including: organize, track, and process invoices and cheques
- Resolve invoice issues and monitor aged accounts receivable and assist with collection activities as necessary
- Analyze and summarize financial reports including income statement variances
- Liaise with suppliers, and internal stakeholders to answer routine questions and resolve issues affecting payments/receipts
- Assist with the annual budget preparation and quarterly forecasts
- Assist with annual external audit
- Assist on projects and assignments and other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma/Degree in Accounting (or equivalent education/experience)
- Minimum 2 years of full-cycle accounting experience
- Experience in general accounting procedures
- Proficient working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience in handling multiple projects, prioritizing and working in a fast paced team environment
Job Skills and Abilities:
- Self-starter attitude with well-developed time management skills and the commitment to meeting deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (e.g. Excel, Great Plains, YARDI, etc.).
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as a member of a team
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to plan, organize and manage work with minimal supervision and complete number of tasks simultaneously for multiple management staff
- Ability to understand technical concepts, to act independently and take initiative required to resolve issues
- Clear criminal record check
How to Apply:
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. embraces diversity and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
Interested candidates please apply by using the following in the e-mail subject line “Finance Assistant” and submitting applications to: [email protected]
Resume including cover letter should be no more than 3 pages total. While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.