Multicultural Summer Day Camp Leader
Job Number: 11657
Title: Multicultural Summer Day Camp Leader
Nature: Temporary Full-time (35 hours/week)
Number of Positions: 2
Duration: June 10, 2019 – August 6 2019
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Location: 7434 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC V3N 3B7
About the Positions:
Working alongside with the Tenant Services Coordinator, the Multicultural Summer Day Camp Leader will take the lead in the planning, development, and delivery of summer day camps for school aged (6-12 years old) tenants at a social housing complex.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate, and implement summer day camp activities
- Promote summer camp to tenants, handle related inquiries and registration
- Communicate expectations & follow-up with parents and program participants
- Provide strong leadership to ensure physical and emotional well-being of children during activities; role-model and acknowledge appropriate behavior
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers to assist with implementation of daily activities.
- Assist with additional summer activities as needed
- Assist in budget control, report writing, program evaluation and community liaison
Qualifications and Experience:
- According to the “Canada Summer Jobs” program from Employment and Social Development Canada, the applicant must be:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment
- Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (international students are not eligible; recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents)
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
- Experience working with groups is desirable.
Job Skills and Abilities:
- Enthusiastic and enjoy working with children, youth, and parents from diverse backgrounds.
- Leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of second language an asset
- Able to work independently and well-organized.
- Strong computer skills
- Clear criminal record and references check is required.
- Valid standard first aid certification is required.
How to Apply:
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. embraces diversity and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
Interested candidates please apply by emailing your application by May 24, 2019, using the following e-mail subject line “Multicultural Summer Day Camp Leader” and submitting applications to: [email protected]
Resume and cover letter should not be longer than 3 pages. While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.