The Immigrant Settlement & Integration Program (ISIP) assists immigrants and their families learn about Canada's systems and services. We offer opportunities for immigrants to develop English language skills, learn about Canada's labour market, network and develop professional and social networks, and settle into their local B.C. communities.
ISIP services are for eligible clients and are free of charge. Our services are offerred in in many languages.
To be eligible for ISIP services, you must be considered as one of the following:
- A Permanent Resident (PR) of Canada or a Live-in Caregiver
- A Convention Refugee or a Protected Person
- A person in Canada who has received a letter of confirmation to become a Permanent Resident from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
Your First ISIP AppointmentAt your first appointment we will:
- Welcome you and determine if the ISIP program is the best SUCCESS option for you
- Register you with the ISIP program
- Provide information on key settlement information for newly arrived immigrants
- Talk to you about your settlement experiences and share with you how we can assist you
- Work with you to determine your immediate, short term and long term settlement and employment goals
- Review your English language learning needs and help you to sign up for English learning programs such as LINC or Conversation Circles
At ISIP, we offer services that include:
- Private Appointments with a Settlement Practitioner
- Group Information Sessions
- Labour Market and Employment Services
- English Language Learning Services
- Community Connections Activities
- Employment Mentoring Programs
We have several service locations across the lower mainland and in Fort St. John. Click here for a full list of service locations.
Private Appointments with an ISIP Settlement Practitioner
Professional and friendly staff can help you to:
- Find accommodation in your chosen neighborhood.
- Use the transportation system in Canada and apply for a Canadian driver’s license.
- Better understand the Canadian education system for yourself and your children.
- Use libraries, recreation centers and other community services in your neighborhood.
- Apply for B.C.'s Medical Services Plan, Child Tax benefits and Child Care Subsidies.
- Find Information on Canada's immigration system such as renewing Permanent Resident cards and how to apply for Canadian citizenship.
ISIP Group Information Sessions
Our group information sessions will provide eligible clients with information such as:
- How to find accommodation in your chosen neighborhood.
- How to use the transportation system in Canada and apply for a Canadian driver’s license.
- How to better understand the Canadian education system for yourself and your children.
- How to use libraries, recreation centers and other community services in your neighborhood.
- How to apply for B.C.'s Medical Services Plan, Child Tax benefits and Child Care Subsidies.
- Information on Canada's immigration system such as renewing Permanent Resident cards and how to apply for Canadian citizenship.
Click here to see a list of upcoming group workshops and information sessions
ISIP Labour Market and Employment Services
The Immigrant Settlement & Integration Program provides eligible Newcomers to Canada with the opportunity to have a better understanding of the Canadian Labour Market. If you are a Permanent Residents (PR), live-in caregiver, protected person or if you have received a letter of confirmation to become a PR from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), you are eligible for our wide variety of employment related services.
We provide one-to-one services, workshops, support groups and programs that will help you to:
- Design your career path
- Understand Canadian workplaces
- Adapt your existing skills to the Canadian Labour Market
- Create a professional resume
- Navigate your occupation-specific licensing and accreditation processes
- Network and job search effectively
- Connect with Canadian professionals and associations related to your career path
- Identify and connect with other useful employment services in your community
Contact the SUCCESS Service Centre in your area to ask about region-specific Employment Related Services and your local Career Mentoring for SUCCESS Program.
ISIP English Language Learning Activities
Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC):
We offer FREE English language classes for eligible adult learners through our LINC program, funded by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). The LINC program facilitates the integration of immigrants into Canadian culture and society by providing basic to advanced English language training that includes social, cultural and economic information. Our LINC programs also include Literacy and Blended Learning classes.
Click here for more information about our LINC programs and how to register.
Clear Communication for the Workplace:
We offer FREE Clear Communication for the Workplace classes for eligible clients. These classes teach how to use clear, diplomatic and precise language when communicating in the workplace. The topics covered include small talk, email etiquette, diplomatic language, and presentation skills.
Occupation-Specific Conversation Circles
If you are looking for English speaking practice and are looking for employment in a specific occupational field, conversation circles may be for you. We offer conversation circles for eligible clients to learn occupation-specific language skills in an informal group setting.
ISIP Community Connections Programs
The immigrant Settlement & Integration Program (ISIP) offers multiple opportunities for eligible immigrants and their families to connect to their local communities in order to feel a sense of belonging and develop their social networks in Canada.
- Friendship and mentor programs.
- Activities that help immigrants to participate in community activities and events.
- Parenting and women’s services and support groups.
- Tours of local cities.
- Tours to local community services, libraries, recreation centres.
ISIP Career Mentoring for SUCCESS Programs
If you are an eligible new immigrant, the ISIP Career Mentoring for SUCCESS Program will bridge you to career success by providing you with the information you need in your field of expertise. Your mentor will not find you a job, but they will provide you with information, support, and guidance to jumpstart your professional career in Canada. You will expand your knowledge about the key resources of your profession, the specific pathways to credential assessment, how to upgrade your education, and how to increase your opportunities to access the “hidden” job market.
Click here for more information about our Career Mentoring for SUCCESS Program.
How to register:
As your first step to accessing ISIP services, we ask that you register with us.
To register with us, please call your local Immigrant Settlement and Integration Program office
Where do you live?
- Fort St. John
- New Westminster
- Port Coquitlam
- Port Moody
All Immigrant Settlement & Integration Program (ISIP) Service Centres are welcoming and inclusive.
Burnaby & New Westminster:
Burnaby Service Centre
#200 - 5172 Kingsway
Tri-Cities (Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam & Port Moody):
Burnaby-Coquitlam Service Centre
435B North Road
Coquitlam Service Centre
#2058 – 1163 Pinetree Way
Fort St. John:
Fort St. John Service Centre
#209 10142 101 Avenue
Fort St. John, B.C.
Richmond Service Centre
#220 - 7000 Minoru Blvd
Surrey & Delta:
Surrey Service Centre
#206 - 10090 152nd Street
Pender Service Centre
28 West Pender Street
Granville Service Centre
#300 - 8268 Granville Street
#205 - 5838 Fraser Street
If you live outside of the Lower Mainland, please contact our main office in Vancouver:
Pender Service Centre
28 West Pender Street
If you are a Naturalized Canadian Citizen, please visit the form filling clinic.