S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Youth Employment Program (YEP) aims to help young people overcome barriers to employment by providing them the skills, experience and ability to make a successful transition to employment or return to school. Local youth aged 15-30 who are out of school, unemployed or underemployed are encouraged to register to this program.
YEP targets at youth such as single parents, recent immigrants, individuals that did not complete high school and those facing other barriers to employment. This program offers both group-based employability skills training and work placement. Youth will work on self- assessment, life skill development, career planning, and goal setting. Participants can earn up to $3,690 plus a $200 bonus upon completion of the 12-week program.
- 2 weeks of classroom sessions
- Monitored work placement for 10 weeks
- Life skills workshops
- Employability skills workshops
- First Aid Level 1
- FOODSAFE Level 1
- Serving It Right
- Between the ages of 15 - 30
- Not receiving Employment Insurance
- Out of school, unemployed or underemployed
- Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Refugee
- Legally allowed to work in Canada
- Able to start on the first day of the intake
Accepting application until June 8th for Summer 2016 intake.
(Subject to funding availability)
For Inquires and Questions
Burnaby, B.C. V5H 4C2